Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am weak but He is strong




"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30... Insanely busy, crazy, hectic to the extreme sort of day, and I don't know about you guys, but I can really snap under pressure and become all stressed and well, I'm ashamed to admit, but a grouch >:( ..... Later on I look at my behavior, and I'm like "wow, I'm ridiculous... why on earth did I get all keyed up over that?" anyways, it always ends up with me replaying my actions in my head later on and thinking how inadequate I am to be one of God's children. Then comes all the depressing and deceitful thoughts creeping in trying to confuse me "Why on earth would God want me?" "Why does He keep forgiving me?" "Why did He even die for me?"... The truth is, I can't understand His unfathomable love for me, but I'm forever grateful for His undying love and forgiveness. A line in the chorus of a favorite song of mine goes "Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done. Not because of what I've done, but because of who you are." God loves me with this undying passion, and He has this perfect plan for my life, but I don't always choose to look towards the big picture, I get all caught up and stressed about lots of little things, when in reality God has absolute control and I have no reason to be anxious. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," ~Jeremiah 29:11-14, compared to God, everything else seems so small..... "I am weak but He is strong" simple verses from a Sunday school song with such a profound meaning... God doesn't want us to carry all this emotional baggage around all the time. He wants to free us, wants to take that load for us. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7... Makes me think of Pilgrims Progress, when Christian reaches the cross on the hill and his heavy burden he'd been laboring with the entire journey tumbles from his back... We are free, we are forgiven, and on top of all that we are loved with a love so unfathomable. Why on earth would we stress about any of this earthly stuff, why aren't we in constant bliss of the fact that God has this perfect amazing plan for our lives and wants to lift our burdens?

No comments: